For many people, the cold clear days of winter bring more than just a rosy glow to the cheeks. They also bring uncomfortable dryness to the skin. You may have found a moisturiser that works just fine in spring and summer, but as weather conditions change, so should your skin care routine. Here are some tips to help you to beat the harsh dryness winter can bring to your skin:
- Find a facial moisturiser that’s oil-based, rather than water-based, as the oil will create a protective layer on the skin to retain more moisture. Many night creams are oil-based so this can be a good place to start. But choose your oils with care because not all oils are appropriate for the face. Instead, look for nonclogging light oils, like grapeseed oil.
- Body scrubs & facial exfoliants are a must during the winter season. Not only are they great for removing the layers of dead skin our body builds up, but it also preps your skin to allow it to absorb the moisturiser faster & deeper. Try to use a scrub once to twice a week & definitely apply moisturiser after doing so.
- Finding your hands are also feeling the bite of winter dryness? The skin on your hands is thinner than on most parts of the body and has fewer oil glands. That means it’s harder to keep your hands moist, especially in cold, dry weather. This can lead to itchiness and cracking. To protect your hands from the harsh winter weather, wear gloves when you go outside & apply moisturiser regularly.
- Apply moisturiser to the skin after showering & before going to bed. Your skin will benefit greatly from doing these two. When we shower we lose natural oils from the hot water & our skin tends to dry out. So moisturising after a shower will replace those lost oils & will help keep your skin hydrated. When we moisturise before going to bed it will benefit your skin in a massive way. As we sleep our body is more relaxed & can allow the skin to absorb the moisturiser better.
- If your facial skin is uncomfortably dry, avoid using harsh peels, masks, and alcohol-based toners, all of which can strip vital oil from your skin. Instead, find a cleansing milk or mild foaming cleanser, a toner with no alcohol, and masks that are deeply hydrating rather than clay-based, which tends to draw moisture out of the face.
At Gold Coast Beauty & Spray Tanning we can recommend the right products to suit your skin type. We use Vagheggi, a beautiful product from Italy that leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth & lushious. Their Rehydra range is wonderful to use during the winter months as it is made to rehydrate & protect skin from the harsh winter weather. Let us know if you would like any more information regarding this product.
We also have some great specials available at the moment to help relieve your dry winter skin. Check out our Specials Page & make a booking with us today! http://mobilebeautyandspraytanning.com.au/specials/
Spoil yourself this Easter with a bit of pampering!
*Specials available till 14th April 2018. Not to be used with any other offer. Mobile bookings to some areas may incur a travel fee.Treatments listed in specials cannot be substituted for other treatments. One person only per package. French polish & gel polish not included in price.
Exfoliating our skin on a weekly basis is a must. Our skin does have a natural shredding process, but sometimes, depending on our skin type, we need to help the process along. This is especially important when it comes to waxing & shaving.
The reason why exfoliating in-between our waxing/shaving routine is so important, is because this will help to prevent or minimize ingrown hairs.
Ingrown hairs appear when the hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. This can occur due to the type of hair you may have (eg curly or coarse hair) or a build up of sebum (oil) in the hair follicle.
Regular exfoliation will buff away dead skin cells & avoid clogged pores which can cause the hair to become ingrown. Exfoliating once or twice a week is all you need to keep those ingrown hairs under control. And don’t forget, keeping your skin hydrated is also very important, so make sure you apply moisturiser every day.
Mobile Beauty & Spray Tanning offers professional spray tanning with the best results. We choose to use only the best products & equipment available today. And Moroccan Tan solution is one of the best quality spray tanning products on the market.
With the promise of a perfect finish, the results of a Moroccan Tan spray tan from Mobile Beauty & Spray Tanning are nothing less than perfect. Leaving you with a beautifully natural looking sun-kissed glow & not orange or looking fake, Mobile Beauty & Spray Tanning can guarantee the best results.
With over 9 years experience in the beauty & spray tanning industry, you can expect perfection from your tan no matter what the occasion. So no need to hesitate, make an appointment with Mobile Beauty & Spray Tanning today for you next spray tan!
We have a great special on at the moment for our pamper parties – Book a pamper party before 30th December 2016 & the host receives a FREE treatment!
All you need to do is mention you saw this ad when you book your pamper party & you receive your free 15min treatment!
Terms & conditions do apply, so make sure you visit our Specials Page for more details!
Have you ever thought of hosting a pamper party??
Pamper parties are great fun and an ideal way of making time to relax as well as enjoying time with friends. Whether you are celebrating for a Hen’s night or baby shower, or even just having a girl’s night-in, what a better way to enjoy your night than with a bit of pampering!
Servicing to the Gold Coast & Northern NSW, Mobile Beauty & Spray Tanning will come to you with beautiful relaxing treatments in packages that suit your occasion and your budget – perfect pamper packages for your perfect pamper party!
Pamper parties are a great idea for something a bit out of the box for any occasion. We provide all equipment, products, towels, massage tables, & even spa music. You needn’t worry about a thing! All you need to do is show up, sit back relax & soak up the pampering experience!
Make a booking for a pamper party today!
I’m sure a lot of you probably have never thought about getting a body scrub before, either because you may not see the point or didn’t even know they were a treatment! A body scrub is one of the most beneficial treatments you can give your skin & I’m going to list a few reasons why you should be treating yourself more often with this lovely spa treatment! This is by far my most favourite treatment so totally recommend you get one (or two lol)!
Firstly, let’s look at what a body scrub is. For those that have never had this treatment before, it involves a body scrub product either salt, sugar, coffee granuels, coconut, usually anything simular that can act as a good exfoliant (but not too abrasive), mixed with oil & then applied to the skin with water using vigorous circular motions. Sponges & hot towels are used to remove the scrub, then the treatment is finished off with a massage using a hydrating moisturiser. A body scrub’s primary function is to remove dead skin cells from the body as well as cleanse the skin & increase blood circulation. Sometimes these scrubs can be referred to as a body exfoliant, body gloss or body polish.
Now the benefits! Besides making your skin feel absolutely wonderful, here is a list of things that help benefit your skin & body:
- Removes dead skin cells
- Cleanses the skin, leaving it feeling smoother
- Increases blood circulation
- Helps reduce the appearance of dark spots or age spots
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Helps to eliminate breakouts on your body
- Helps to eliminate dry skin
- Allows your skin to take in moisture better as it can penetrate more deeper
- Helps to prevent in-grown hairs & makes hair removal easier
- Helps to reduce stress
- Perfect to have during the winter months as our skin is dryer & will help restore moisture back into the skin
So there you go! Not a bad list of reasons for why you should make your next booking a body scrub treatment!
Check out these great specials that will be sure to keep you warm & relaxed this winter!
*Specials available till July 31st 2016. Not to be used with any other offer. Mobile service may incur a travel fee depending on location. Bookings for pedicures must remove all nail polish, gel, shellac, etc before booking or a fee will be charged for removal. French polish & gel polish not included in price. Massage is Swedish only (pregnancy massage also available).
Check out the great specials Mobile Beauty and Spray Tanning has on at the moment!
IBD Just Gel Polish is one of the best gel polishes on the market and will last longer than Shellac! Will last up to 3 weeks with no chipping or lifting.
Make a booking with Mobile Beauty and Spray Tanning today!
*Specials not to be used with any other offer. New clients only. One person per package only. Women only service. Mobile service to some areas may incur a travel fee. Pamper parties that need more than one therapist are not included. Bookings for manicures & pedicures must have all nail polish, gel polish, shellac, gel etc removed before booking or you will be charged a fee for removal. Manicure & pedicure specials do not include French polish or French gel polish – French costs extra.
Welcome to our new blog!
Did you know that Mobile Beauty and Spray Tanning comes to you with beauty services just like in a day spa to treat you in the very comfort of your own home?! This service is perfect for mums with bubs when it can be difficult to leave the house. We are also open after hours till 8pm which can be ideal for those who work full time and find it impossible to have treatments during working hours.
We do all treatments mobile including:
- Swedish Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Manicures & Pedicures
- Waxing & Tinting
- Spray Tans
- Body Scrubs
We are open Monday to Saturday and availability for hours is Monday to Thursday: 9am – 8pm & Friday to Saturday: 9am – 5pm.
Why not make a booking with Mobile Beauty and Spray Tanning today? You can contact Lea on 0438 456 880.